Saving a document as a PDF is great when sending to another user through email or even when used as a troubleshooting step with printing (see My page is held for resources on the Xerox printer! for some troubleshooting steps on the printer holding a document for resources). Printing to PDF does not require other programs to be installed and this can be done many different documents.
How to save a web page as a PDF
- Open the web page in a web browser and right-click anywhere on the page. Click "Print...".
**NOTE: Control + P will also open the option to print**
- Another window will open and list the available printers. Click "Save as PDF". Click the "Save" blue bottom.
- Another window will open confirming where to save the web page. Browse to the appropriate place to save the PDF. Click "Save".
Saving Word document as PDF
- Open the Word document that is to be saved as a PDF.
- Click "File" and then click "Print".
- Click "Microsoft Print to PDF" and then click "Print".
- A new window will open. Browse to the location to save the file.
**NOTE: You can also save the document as a PDF rather than going through the above steps to print as a PDF. Instead of clicking on "Print", click "Save As". On the next screen, select the appropriate location to save the file and a new window will open. Select "PDF (*.pdf) and click "Save".