There are a few reasons why the computer may freeze or start running slow: the programs running are using up too many resources than the computer has or the computer has not been updated for some time or there's an issue with the hardware. Most common is that the computer has not been updated for some time.
To run Windows Updates, follow the steps below.
- Click on the Start button and type "Windows Updates" and select the first option.
- Click on the "Check for Updates" button.
- Click on the "Install Updates" button.
NOTE: If a prompt opens and asks for a password, submit a ticket.
4. Once the computer is done installing updates, it may need to be restarted. Restart the computer, if prompted.
5. Repeat steps 1-4 until all of the available updates are installed.
NOTE: If the computer is still running slow after installing the updates, submit a ticket.