Hello InnoCare software users!
Have you found recently that your Java has updated and you no longer can launch InnoCare? Not a problem, we’ve anticipated this change coming to Java and have a new installation process ready for you that is easy as pressing a button!
Step 1: Download the application
Select the link that matches your system:
Step 2: Extract the application
Using your preferential extraction tool (Windows and MAC have their own extracting tools) right click the newly downloaded file and extract to your desktop or in a folder of your choice
Step 3: Run the application
Once you’ve extracted the files - open (commonly it will open automatically) the newly extracted file and launch the .EXE
Step 4. MAC Only - Zulu Download
*PLEASE NOTE: Please do NOT skip this step. It is required for Innocare Software to work*
Zulu is an open source software purposed to replace some of the tools we've previously used JavaWS for:
10.13 High Sierra
|MacOS||10.11 El Capitan
- Once the DMG file is downloaded - run the file by double clicking and follow all prompts to finish installation
- Once installed, you will be prompted to move the installer to trash. Feel free to do this now that the software is good to go!
5. Using the InnoCare Software installation tool
- The newly downloaded icsLaunch_mac64.zip package should unzip on it's own - if it does not, use the Archive Utility tool to unzip this
- You can move the folder to your Documents or leave it in your Downloads, but be mindful that you cannot delete the host folder at any time. This will stop the software from working
- Open icsLaunch_mac64 > bin > icsLaunch. You will see the following screen:
- Allow the Launcher to complete it's initial install (you will see the blue loading bar disappear once this has been completed)
- Click the Browse button. It will open up the following window and you want to select "Macintosh HD" in the drop-down:
- From Macintosh HD, you will go to Library > Java > JavaVirtualMachines > zulu-12.jdk > Contents. Here you will select the Home folder by single clicking, and then hit "Choose":
- You will be brought back to the Launcher and you should now be able to select "Launch Innocare Software". The login screen will then open up and you will log in as an Existing User with the credentials provided to you by your system administrator.
- Only log in as a New User if you are looking to setup a trial account with the software as a clinic owner.
Going forward you'll only have to run the icsLaunch file and this will open the login screen automatically for you - and you can create a shortcut to your desktop!
Creating the Shortcut
In order to create the shortcut you'll need to go to the icsLaunch file, right-click (two finger click) to select make alias
Rename the file to InnoCare Software and drag it onto your desktop
Now you can open InnoCare Software directly from the desktop!
I’ve launched the EXE - nothing happened?
Ans: You may need the JDK downloaded to your PC. Use the Quick Install JDK button to install possibly missing files.
I’ve tried that - still doesn’t work / I don’t have permissions to open the file?
Ans: We’d be happy to help support you - please submit a ticket to THIS LINK