Wireless keeps disconnecting or not working for one or more users. The reason for it could be anywhere from hardware failure, to bad driver, to weak wireless signal or wireless on the laptop being turned off. Please investigate that the internet is working on clinic computers that are hard wired, as it could be an Internet Outage issue.
Questions to ask, to gather as much information as possible
- Is it a laptop or all laptops? Note down the PTH#### if any. Brand and model of the laptop.
- Check on the laptop keyboard to see if there's a function key for wireless. Also, some laptops may have a physical on/off switch.
- Can you reconnect?
- If you cannot reconnect restart the laptop, then retry.
- Does wireless access point show along with others?
- Verify the Wireless Access Point has power?
- Connect laptop using network cable, so remote connection can be made to investigate.
- Ensure wireless device is enabled in Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections.
- Escalate to higher level of support, so it can be properly investigated.