Speed Internet Performance Investigation
- Remote in using the teamviewer to a hardwired front reception computer.
- Call clinic, find out the number of devices active (write down number of desktops and laptops). With the clinic on phone, perform 4 consecutive speed tests.
- Look for issues with ping/latency, download and upload speed. Note, if there’s issues with internet VOIP may also be showing (difficulty in hearing the clinic on phone while testing). Note down any trend lines or observations such as number of devices vs speed results.
- Call Bell at 1-877-399-7773, provide device id. Confirm with Bell, the clinic policy map, advise them of general slowdowns, performance or any issues clinic may have. If necessary provide the worst test results to give them general idea. Update the Bell ticket number on IT Ticket System.
- Perform tests of internet when clinic is closed. If all is ok, then your test results should be similar to policy map settings (eg 10 x 1). During day time the performance and speed will vary because the internet is shared among X number of devices.
- Utilization of the clinic. Check number of devices on their network by calling the clinic. If site is over utilized Bell test board will advise that once a ticket is open.
When performing speedtest.net check, you may want to change different server by picking a server thats closest.