When a clinic has no Internet access and / or cannot create a ticket, they should call Patient Care Centre by calling their clinic number and selecting option 1. On that ticket the PCC agent should include contact name, contact phone number and indicate the issue the clinic is having.
1. Verify the circuit is down
- Use PRTG Monitoring map refresh if necessary. http://10.121.64.25/public/mapshow.htm?id=5408&mapid=E8D9BA71-EE8E-4EF1-A3BF-F67626F38304
- Use IP Schema documentation. Ping the gateway (Cisco 800 series Router). Victoria Community Physical Rehab circuit is: PTHEALTH-CE2-199. In command console type : ping 10.122.26.129. If you get response then internet is not down. If no response then circuit is down.
2. If circuit is down, forward calls to PCC
3. Call clinic contact
- As first step always confirm Cisco 800 and Modem have power (as in any lights on). If they do not, please apply power to modem or Cisco 800 router.
- Determine the modem at that location, obtain light status. Restart the modem and obtain light status. This can take 5 min at times. While this is happening enter in command console ping –t 10.122.26.129 (continuous ping). If you obtain response, it means modem has come back online, do nothing more.
- If still no response, wait 5 minutes, restart Cisco 881/800 series router. If still no response after 5 min proceed to next step.
- Obtain light status for modem (which lights are solid on, blinking and off). This is necessary for Bell to escalate for its partner ‘Questzones’. Light status for Cisco 800 should also be obtained (especially OK, PPP, FE4 WAN. Optionally: VPN 0, 1, 2, 3.)
4. Call Bell 1-877-399-7773
Inform them of site being down and that you already restarted the modem and optionally Cisco 800. Provide bell with your phone number, site contact number, and clinic operating hours. Bell will refer the issue to their test board to begin investigation and testing
5. Update Bell Ticket number on Sales Force ticket
If no update is received, you can call bell to follow up for resolution and provide them with their Bell ticket number.