When printing fails on one or more computers
Pull up CentreWare Internet Services / Printer configuration page using ip address of the printer. Click status tab, and then on on Alerts to see any errors. You may also want to check if there are any jobs stuck in the printer. This is done by checking the jobs tab or by checking on the printer’s control panel. Some jobs may need to be deleted using the printer’s control panel and not through printer services page.
Questions to ask:
- What software is the user trying to print from?
- Is it on one or all computers?
- What are you trying to print? Is it on standard size paper like 8.5 x 11?
- Please verify the printer is on and connected online. Try printing a test page.
- If printing works on one computer but not on another, it is likely a driver issue.
- Reinstall printer driver for your operating system and specify the IP address for printer during installation