Moneris payment terminal is on but not working
- Determine if payment terminal is connected to a phone line or ethernet cable. If the terminal is connected to a network, user should see it on their screen 'ETH'.
- If terminal is connected to phone line, the clinic should contact Moneris Tech Support and ask to convert the terminal to ethernet connection. Please note, the clinic should obtain spare network cable.
- If terminal is connected using ethernet network cable, then cabling needs to be checked.
- Before doing any investigate ask user to restart the terminal by removing ac adapter and putting back into power outlet. Check if resolved.
- Verify network cable. Disconnect cable from moneris and connect it to a laptop ethernet network port.
- IT Support should connect to the laptop wirelessly and verify valid ip address exists. If it exists then nothing wrong with the cable, instruct clinic to contact Moneris Technical Support.
- If no valid ip address exists then investigation should be made to determine whether it's a bad network cable or the cable is not connected on the other end.