- Power cycle the Avaya Phone by unplugging the cord in the top port on the back of the phone. It should look like an Ethernet connection. Let the phone reboot and test the phone. If the phone has completed its power cycle (approx. 1-2 minutes) and the phone is still not working, please let us know what the screen says.
- Screen says nothing – just blank – likely related to lack of power. Confirm that the Ethernet connection plugged into the top port on the back of the phone plugs into the POE adapter which is also plugged into a power outlet that is working.
- Screen says Discover 192…… - this would usually be corrected with a power cycle. Walk them through the power cycle process and ensure that is has been actually been done correctly.
- Login with your extension, and password is 1234.
- Screen says login? Then please enter your clinic extension followed by password 1234.
- If unable to get the phone to work, forward calls to PCC so clinic does not miss any patient incoming calls.
POE (Power over Ethernet adapter) is the device that gives Avaya phone power and when on should have green light. It looks as following.